Changes to the Home Owner Grant in 2021
- Starting May 2021, you will apply for your home owner online with the Province.
- Municipalities are NO longer accepting applications for current or retroactive grants.
- Program eligibility is unchanged.
- Learn more at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant or phone 1 888 355 2700 to speak with a live agent.
- Date of Birth and Social Insurance Number are required when applying.
- In order to avoid penalties and interest, you must apply before July 2, 2021.
2021 Residential Property Tax Insert:
Access Your Accounts Online
Welcome to the Town of Creston's online Account Services Portal. From here you are able to access your account for property taxes and Town utilities (water, sanitary, solid waste).
- To use the online Account Services you will need your ROLL/ACCOUNT NUMBER and ACCESS CODE which are printed on your bill or statement. You can also obtain your Access Code by calling the municipality at 250-428-2214.
- You must "Login" before you can access your account information.
- Upon successful registration and login, you will need to link your property tax and utility accounts in order to be given access to the Online Services applicable to your account.
Please see the link below for detailed instructions.
Please note that Internet Explorer users may experience issues registering for Account Services. We recommend using the Google Chrome web browser for the best user experience.
We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal financial information. This is a secure site.
Credit Card Payments
The Town of Creston is now accepting credit card payments using OptionPay - a third party payment processor. For a small fee, OptionPay provides residents with another convenient method of payment for utility bills, taxes, fees, tickets/fines, and more. OptionPay uses a tiered fee schedule to collect a load fee on each transaction (minimum fee of $2.00). Click here for the full tiered fee schedule.
By selecting the correct payment type from the drop down menu (once you are on the OptionPay webpage), the Town can ensure proper processing of your online credit card payment.
* This system is NOT for Photo Enforcement or Provincial tickets
* Please be advised that the Town of Creston does not provide refunds or process cancellations for transactions made using OptionPay. Once you have consented to processing your credit card payment and remitted the associated load fee, the charge is irreversible.